So here's the poop. It's cold as hell out, everywhere in the nation. Now is the time for chili. Of all the chili recipes you will ever read, this is definitely one of them.
Unlike most recipes on the internet, I'm not going to tell you anything about the story, or how it came to be, or the SUPER interesting story about chili on open plains during the discovery of the wild west. Let's get to it.
- 1 lb Hamburger
- 1 Green Pepper Diced
- 1 Small Sweet Onion Diced
- 1 Can of Sweet Corn Drained
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes (roasted w/ chile’s if available)
- 1 Can of Chili Beans
- 1 Cup of water
- 3 Squirts of Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp (almost) Cumin
- 1-2 Tbsp Chili Powder (to taste)
- Stirring Utensil
1. In a pan, w butter, sautee your Green Pepper, Onion, Corn until browned or soft. When done put in the crockpot on high.
2. Same pan, brown your hamburger, using 2 TBSP of liquid smoke. When done put in the crockpot.
3. Put can of tomatoes in crockpot.
4. Add remainder of ingredients, ketchup, pepper, cumin, chili powder. Then add can of chili beans. Add 1 can of water.
Stir up good. Cook until hot!
Crackers, Cheese, and Sour Cream are optional.